Dr. Sakthivelsamy Rajalingam has started his service as an Assistant professor in Raja college of Engineering and Technology during the year 2010. He served as an Assistant Professor 2 in K.L.N.College of Engineering for 7 years (2011-2018). currently, he is working as a Senior Lecturer in Sunyani Technical University, Ghana-West Africa. His area of interests are Smart Grid, Energy Management, Renewable energy, Power quality, Electric vehicles, Power converters and IOT. He is a certified Electrical Wiring Professional (CEWP) to undertake electrical wiring and installations of Industrial facilities in Ghana- Certified by Energy Commission. Also certified “Sustainable Energy Audit Professional (SEAP)” to undertake Energy audit in Ghana certified by Energy commission and MIDA.
- English (Good)
- Tamil (Good)
- Twi (Slight)
- Hindi (Slight)
Energy Management, E-Vehicle, Power Quality, Renewable Energy, Smart Grid, Power converters, IOT.
- Abitha, E., Gayathri, C., & Sakthivelsamy, R. (2020). Non-conventional Energy Sources for Rural Electrification—a Review. Journal of Nuclear Engineering & Technology, 10(1), 8-14.
- Rajalingam, S., Haripreethy, R., Booma, M., & Gayathri, R. (2018). Intelligent pollutant tracking system in vehicles. Journal of Applied science and computations, vol 5 (6), pp.285-289. ISSN 0076-5131.
- Rajalingam, S. & Malathi, V. (2016). HEM algorithm based smart controller for home power management system. Energy and Buildings, vol 131 (1), pp.184-182. ISSN 0378-7788 (Elsevier)
- Sakthideepa, N. & Rajalingam, S. (2015). Compensation of Reactive power and Non-linear loads for Power Quality Improvement using DSTATCOM, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol 10 (20), pp 150-154. ISSN 0973-4562.
- Rajalingam, S. & Malathi, V. (2014). Augmented current controller with SHC technique for grid current compensation in the distribution system, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, special edition, pp. 328-338. ISSN 0302-9743 (Springer)
- Rajalingam, S. & Malathi, V. (2014). Simple Augmented Current controller with OHC Technique for grid current compensation in the Distribution system, International journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol 6(2), pp.789-795. ISSN 0975-4024.
- Rajalingam, S. & Karelmarx, V. (2014). Modelling of Power Electronic controller using incremental conductance algorithm for solar cell based Distributed Generation, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, vol 3 (3), pp 485-491. ISSN 2347-6710.
National/International Conference Publication
- Ariharan, A. Balaviknesh, p. Kaleeswarn, M. Kannusamy, T. Rajalingam, S. Arduino based home energy management system, National conference on Intelligent computing and automation (INTRUVISION’17) at Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar, India. 31st April’17.
- Rajalingam, S., Analysis of Multilevel Inverter for Active harmonic filter in distribution network, National conference on Advances in Engineering sciences (NCAES’16) at Sasurie College of Engineering, Tirupur, 04-05, April’16.
- Sakthideepa, N. & Rajalingam, S. Compensation of Reactive Power and Non-linear loads for Power Quality improvement using DSTATCOM, IEEE sponsored 2nd International conference on innovations in information, Embedded and communication systems (ICIIECS’15) at Karpagam College of Engineering, Coimbatore, India.19-20, March’15.
- Rajalingam, S., Karelmarx, V. Enhancement of MPPT in Photovoltaic systems using Kalman filter, TEQIP II sponsored National conference on issues in power quality and renewable energy systems (CIPRES’14) at Bharathidasan Institute of Technology, Trichy, 29-30, April’14.
- Sakthideepa, N. & Rajalingam, S. Grid Interconnection of Solar energy by pure wave DSTATCOM, 3rd International conference on Design and application of structures, drives, communicational and computing systems, at K.L.N. College of Information Technology, Sivagangai, 19-20, Dec’14.
- Shakthisamaei, A., Rajalingam, S. Xbee based remote monitoring of transformer health, 1st International conference on VLSI Computation, Networks, Drives, System Design at Sethu Institute of Technology, Virudhunagar, 28th March’14.
- Ponmathivanan, S. K. Rajalingam, S. Reactive power compensation in distributed generation systems using DSTATCOM, 8th National conference NACCEPA 2K13 at Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli, 05th April’13.
- Ponmathivanan, S. K. Rajalingam, S. DSTATCOM based reactive power compensation in distributed generation systems, National conference on Innovations in Engineering & Technology (IET’13) at Anna University Regional campus, Madurai, 27-28, March’13.
- Ponmathivanan, S. K. Rajalingam, S. Fault Identification in series compensated transmission line using support vector machine, 1st National conference on Flourishing trends in power electronics & drives (FTPED’12) at Pandian Saraswathi Yadav Engineering College, Sivagangai, 05th September’12.
- Rajalingam, S. Rajkumar, C. Saravanakumar, M. Power Quality Improvement in distributed generation using grid interfacing inverter, IEEE National conference on Power, Energy and Intelligent Systems (NPEIS’12) at Sudharsan Engineering College, Pudukkottai, 28th March’12.
- Temperature and heartbeat monitoring system
- Design and construction of traffic light control system using R.F Transmission for an Emergency vehicles
- Design and construction of poultry house alert system
- Design and Fabrication of a thermoelectric refrigeration for rural medical application
- Control of DC motor to drive a conveyor belt for industrial applications
- Smart vehicle pollutant tracking system using GSM and GPS
- Advanced energy management with automatic monitoring and security system
- Harmonic reduction using Multilevel Inverter
- Smart power source selector using Arduino for home applications
- Analysis of Multilevel inverter for active harmonic filter in distribution network
- Dynamic Load management using HEM algorithm
- Compensation of reactive power in nonlinear loads for power quality improvement using DSTATCOM
- Solar based water pump controller for irrigation system
- Design of controllers for uninterrupted power supply
- XBEE based remote monitoring of Transformer health
- Two way communication in power system over head lines
- Enhancement of MPPT in photovoltaic systems using KALMAN filter( Phase II)
- Grid Interconnection of solar energy by pure wave distributed static compensator(Phase I)
- Power quality improvement in Three phase four wire system using UPQC
- DSTATCOM based Reactive power compensation in distributed generation systems
- Modeling of power electronic interface solar cell based distributed generation (Phase I)
- Interconnection of Renewable Energy Sources to the Distribution Grid.
- Busbar Protection using Microcontroller – Industrial project at Thermal Power station I.
- A Short Primary SLIM based conveyor design.
Electrical Engineering (Ph. D)
Anna University, Chennai, India - 2018
Power Electronics & Drives (M. E)
Anna University, Tirunelveli, India - 2010
Electrical & Electronics Engineering (B. E)
Anna University, Chennai, India - 2008
Outcome based pedagogic principles for effective teaching
IIT Roorkee, India. (NPTEL) - Aug-Sep 2018 (4 weeks)
Introduction to Smart grid
IIT Roorkee, India. (NPTEL)- Aug-Sep 2018 (8 weeks)
- Certified Electrical Wiring Professional (CEWP) to undertake electrical wiring and installations of Industrial facilities in Ghana- Certified by Energy Commission.
- Certified “Sustainable Energy Audit Professional (SEAP)” to undertake Energy audit in Ghana by Energy commission and MIDA.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IEI) - 2013 to till date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) - 2020 to till date
- Electrical Power Quality Problems
- Mechatronics and modern control
- Research Methods
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Special Electrical Machines
- Electronics I
- Electrical Machines III
- Linear Integrated circuits and applications
- Circuit Theory
- Discrete Time Systems and Signal Processing
- Power Electronics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Measurements and Instrumentation
- Supervised BTECH Electrical Students to develop and installed 180W solar streetlight project at Sunyani Technical University.
- Installed solar powered FM at the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.